CODE OF CONDUCT
CODE OF CONDUCT
During your interaction with Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy®, you are agreeing to behave with a certain level of decorum and civility. The following is a list of guidelines Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy customers are expected to follow while gaming or shopping with us.
- No use of profanity or offensive language (including discriminatory epithets, expressions, or slurs towards individuals or groups based on race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexuality, or any other protected class) is permitted inside Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy®.
- Keep all conversation and interaction at a reasonable indoor volume – no screaming, yelling, or excessive loud noise, including music or sound effects.
- Pornographic items or materials are not allowed within Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy®.
- No consumption, possession, exchange, or sale of alcohol or illegal drugs is permitted on Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® property.
- No smoking (including vaping and other e-cigarettes) is permitted within Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy®. Due to City of Austin ordinances, all smoking or vaping must take place at a minimum of fifteen feet away from the front entrance of the building.
- Unlicensed firearms are not permitted inside Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy®. Licensed firearms which are carried openly are also not permitted inside the building. Knives and other illegal weapons are also not permitted inside the building.
- Running, wrestling, horseplay, fighting, or any other kind of violent or rough activity is not permitted inside Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy®. Any disagreement or conflict that cannot be handled with civility should be taken outside of the building or resolved at another time.
- Large bags, backpacks, purses, and similar items should be left at a register with a Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® employee for the duration of your visit. Individuals participating in games or events are permitted to take their bags to their table, but they must be left at the table until said individual leaves the store.
- Unpaid merchandise is not allowed within any gaming room, office, or bathroom. If you must leave the main sales floor and you have unpaid merchandise, please ask a Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® employee to hold it at a register for you.
- Open food containers or beverages are not permitted within Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy®. Drinks with caps or lids are permitted. Snacks and food purchased from Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® are considered exceptions to this rule.
- Customers are responsible for the cleanliness of the room, table, or space they use. All customers participating in games or events at Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® are expected to clean up after themselves and leave the space as clean and neat as it was before they arrived.
- Please treat all store pets with respect and care. Do not feed, chase, pick up, lay upon, or otherwise harmfully or disrespectfully interact with any store pet.
- Other pets are welcome if they are fully vaccinated and well-behaved. Owners must always accompany their animal and are always fully responsible for them. Do not approach any pet or working animal without express permission from the animal’s owner.
- All customers and visitors to Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® are expected to treat everyone in the store with respect and civility. We strive to provide a welcome and safe environment to all customers. Rude, disrespectful, or abusive behavior is not permitted. Bullying or harassment of any individual within Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® is never tolerated.
- Please treat all Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® employees with respect and comply to any and all directives they issue so everyone can have an enjoyable and safe time at the store.
- All customers are expected to adhere to Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® safety protocols in regard to COVID-19.
- If you are feeling unwell, please refrain from visiting Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy®.
DRAGON’S LAIR IS A SAFE ENVIRONMENT
Since 1986, Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® has been a safe and welcoming environment for any member of the comics and gaming fandom community regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, country of origin, sexual orientation or gender identity. We strive to create an atmosphere in which anyone and everyone feels safe and comfortable in the store shopping and participating in events. We have a diverse staff that spans a wide spectrum that can empathize and relate to everyone. Not only do we believe this as a staff but we practice this in our actions and have protections against inappropriate behavior and speech in our Code of Conduct that is posted online and in store and applies to all guests.
If ever a person feels uncomfortable or marginalized in our space we ask that they bring it to the attention of our staff and will see to it that the situation is addressed.
Product must be returned in undamaged, sell-able condition within 7 days of purchase to receive a cash or credit refund. Credit refunds will be returned to the card used for purchase.
Product may be returned or exchanged for store credit in the form of a gift card when in undamaged, sell-able condition within 30 days of purchase.
Proof of purchase must be provided in order to return or exchange an item, either under personal purchase history or by showing a receipt from Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® for the purchase.
Manufacturing errors (sealed item is damaged when package is opened) may be returned to Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® so we can report the error to the manufacturer: original packaging is required.
Clearance or discount items are not eligible for return.
- The minimum price of an item placed on layaway is $30.00
- The minimum initial deposit is 25% of the retail cost of the item or items + sales tax
- Sales Tax is collected on each payment
- If special ordering or pre-ordering a product over $100, an initial 25% deposit must be collected
- The balance must be paid off within 60 days of the initial deposit. There can be as many or as few payments as the customer is comfortable with
- If the layaway is not paid off during the 60-day period, any payments to Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® are voided and all payments are non-refundable
- The initial deposit and all payments made to Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® can be refunded as store credit within 60 days. If ALL payments were made using the same tender, and the customer provides receipts proving this is the case, a refund can be made to a card or via cash with Manager approval
- By signing and dating the layaway form you are agreeing to these terms
Our cancellation policy states that any cancellation or changes for event product must be submitted 48 hours prior to the event date and time scheduled (i.e. Wednesday by 7pm for a Friday 7pm event start date). Cancellations submitted after this time are not guaranteed a refund and any discrepancies may result in denial for future event registrations.
VARIANT COVER POLICY
On June 1st, 2021, our Variant Policy was updated. Please read below to understand the changes you may experience with your subscription.
Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® Austin is proud to provide a valuable and efficient subscription service to our customers. In our industry, it is common practice to sell “Variant” comic covers at a significant markup. Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® Austin is unique because we do not follow this practice, and choose to sell them at cover price. We qualify Variant comic covers as the following:
Any version of a comic that has specific requirements or regulations to order. For instance, we often find that we must order ten copies of a series’ Main cover before we are permitted to order a Variant cover. Covers that have requirements like this are considered Variants. Any covers that are openly available for order are considered Main covers.
Any subscriber may request to receive Variant covers for titles to which they are subscribed. If so, said subscribers will only, at most, receive one of a Main cover and one of a Variant cover, if available. Variant covers are pulled for subscribers on a random basis, to ensure that all subscribers have an equal chance to receive these sought-after items.
Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® Austin does not accept special orders for Variant covers or subscriptions that are only for Variant covers. Variant covers are never guaranteed for any customer, regardless of subscription status.
All customers are always limited to a maximum of three (3) copies of any comic, regardless of what cover they are. Phone and email requests to place Variant covers on hold will not be accepted – customers must come in-store to purchase these items.
These policies are in place in order to make access to our limited supply of variants fair to all guests.
If you have any questions regarding this Variant Policy, give us a call at (512) 454-2399 or email our Subscription Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.