Dragon’s Lair Austin Family
While we are heartened by the phased re-opening of business in Texas, we are taking our re-opening with a bit more caution. Our number one priority is the safety and health of our staff and customers.
As of Friday, 04/24/20, we began offering contactless curbside as an option as well as continuing our shipping. This option allows customers to call the store, purchase items, pay over the phone and pick their purchase up without leaving the comfort of their vehicle. We also have a window display at the front of our store that allows customers to browse our new product and shop safely by calling us and having new product delivered as a curbside purchase.
On Monday, 05/04/20, we will be opening our business with some strict regulations.
- We will allow no more than ten individuals, including staff, at a time in the store and social distancing practices must be observed.
- All shoppers must wear an approved face mask when entering the store and immediately use hand sanitizer or wash their hands to ensure their safety as well as our staff’s safety.
- All staff members will wear face masks while on our sales floor and will use hand sanitizer or wash their hands between transactions.
- When paying for purchases customers and staff will remain at least six feet apart. We will have stanchions in place to guide customers on where they should stand during this process.
- We will not be accepting cash at this time. Debit cards, credit cards, gift cards and checks will be accepted. Customers will insert their debit, credit or gift card in our chip readers. Staff will not handle the cards.
- If a customer decides to not purchase an item, the item in question will be placed in a provided receptacle so that it can be sanitized and returned to the shelf.
- Reusable shopping bags are prohibited at this time. If customers would like to use a bag, we have a variety of paper bags with and without handles.
- Certain sections of the store, i.e. dice bins and buttons, will require further protections in order to shopped. For example, we will provide disposable gloves that can be worn while sorting dice and can be immediately thrown away.
- Restrooms will remain open to customers and will be cleaned on an hourly basis.
- Our events and play space will remain closed to the public at this time.
****We are also working on a plan to take summer camps online in the event that Austin businesses have not re-opened to the extent needed by the time the camp(s) begin. We will update as we iron out details, and expectations for re-opening become more clear!******
We will continue to update our policies as the situation remains fluid.
As always, we appreciate all of your support during these crazy times!
Angie Blackmon, Owner
We will now be manning the phones from 11am-7pm every day!
Check out our Square store for online ordering at: http://www.dragonslairaustinsquarestore.com/s/order
We are so thankful to everyone that has been calling and asking how they can help support us during this time. Our community is amazing, and we love hearing from you both on the phone and via email. Here are a couple things you can do to help us out:
1) We have opened up a Facebook Shop so that you can browse some of our inventory and order them for delivery! Just click the “Shop” section on the left of our Facebook page and see what we have up so far!
2) Not all of our items are in the shop (although we'll keep on adding things, so be sure to check back regularly), and you can always call the store directly between 11AM and 5PM at 512-454-2399 to see if we have a particular item in stock and have it shipped to you.
3)You can also set up shipping for your subscription online on our website or place an order for delivery: www.dlair.net/austin and choose new stuff -> special orders -> mail order subscriptions.
For the safety of our patrons and staff during this pandemic and with respect for the Shelter in Place order in Austin, Dragon's Lair will only be able to ship to our customers starting on March 17th through April 12th.
If you would like to set up shipping for your subscription or any other of our fine products please call us at 512-454-2399 between the hours of 11 AM and 5 PM when we will have someone here to assist you. After those hours please choose new stuff -> special orders -> mail order subscriptions from our website menu.
We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you as soon as we can reopen!
We are closing until further notice due to the shelter in place order issued for Austin through April 13th. We will still be able to offer shipping services to our customers for their comic subscriptions and more! We will be releasing further details on this soon.
As part of our latest response to the rapidly changing developments with COVID-19, we are closing our gaming tables and casual gaming spaces in the store, as well as changing our hours to close at 9pm every night until further notice.
At this time we are still open and offering curbside pick-up! Please feel free to call in ahead of time so we can get your order ready for you and make sure your product is in stock. After all, nothing fills up an afternoon like a great board game or stack of comics! We’ll continue to keep you updated as quickly as we can as changes take effect.
To our Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® Austin friends and family,
In compliance with the latest interim guidance for the COVID-19 virus by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to postpone events consisting of 50 or more people at a time, Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® Austin will be cancelling ALL organized play for the foreseeable future. We have also reduced the number of seats in our available seating areas to better comply with the interim guidance.
Guests are still welcome to shop our store space and our tables will still be available should people wish to meet and play together, but we strongly advise those that do please follow these guidance recommendations to limit the exposure risk to the new COVID-19 illness and to reduce the opportunity for community spread.
We encourage all of our players to take advantage of our hand sanitizer stations placed throughout our store while they browse or play games.
Making sure to wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds at a time after each visit to the restroom.
Encouraging our players to please try to keep and respect other player’s personal space and try to keep at least three feet of space if possible.
Coughs or sneezes should be done into a tissue (which we have at our registers) or into your elbow.
We highly encourage players to bring their own materials that they would need to play in their event. (Dice, character sheets, miniatures) so as to avoid exposure to others.
Always ask before touching another players items such as cards, dice or miniatures.
If using any of our community material (such as dice or terrain) once you are done we ask that you bring the item to an employee’s attention so that we can disinfect the items between uses.
In case all of our chairs are occupied, we may refuse to allow more guests to seat as we attempt to reduce the opportunity for community spread of this illness.
Before coming out to attend one of our events here at our store we recommend considering the following guidelines:
Those who are sick should not attend out of consideration for others.
If a member of your household is sick, please reconsider attending the event.
Those feeling unwell should not use public transportation.
Again, the health and safety of our friends and family is our highest priority. Mitigating the risk of community spread, while keeping our store operational to offer a safe place to play and step away from the news of the day in these trying times is our goal.
Along with these steps we are also offering the option of curbside payment and pickup, and as always we do offer shipping options to customers. You can find the details for these along with the latest announcements regarding COVID-19 on our website at https://www.dlair.net/austin//
Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy® Austin
Download this statement here: https://www.dlair.net/austin//wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Cancellation-of-Organized-Play.pdf