The definitive guide to creating intriguing and dynamic destinations for storytelling and fantasy roleplaying games!
Dangerous Destinations is the definitive guide to creating intriguing and dynamic destinations for storytelling and fantasy roleplaying games. Following the same model as our best selling book, ‘Spectacular Settlements’, Dangerous Destinations contains an easy-to-use, step by step builder system.
Dangerous Destinations combines three primary elements of storytelling: a place, the environment in which that place exists, and the danger that exists in that place. Different combinations of these elements create unique outcomes with literally hundreds of thousands of possibilities.
- 1. Destinations. A comprehensive selection of destination types including: burial grounds, camps, fortresses, headquarters, hideouts, outposts, religious sites, and many more.
- 2. Environments. All of the standard environments found in most tabletop roleplaying games. These include: aquatic, coastal, desert, forest, jungle, mountains, plains, swamp, tundra, underground, urban, and extra-planar.
- 3. Dangers. From epic events, maniacal monsters, and vengeful villains, a myriad of possible dangers await your heroes.
- 4. Antagonists. From the bandit leader to the campaign villain, this section of the book has a vast selection of antagonists.
- 5. Pre-Generated Destinations. Need a destination now? Select from a huge variety created by our design team. Complete with overviews and exposition.
Expected Release: February 2022